Re: [g-a-devel] GNOME Launches Campaign for Accessibility

I'd feel a lot better pushing gnome accessibility if GTK+ wasn't such
a complete lost cause in terms of accessibility improvement.  Pixmaps
should have accessible descriptions.  The calendar should talk.
Someone somewhere in GTK+ land should care, and I just don't see it.
I recommend channeling the few dollars we can influence towards
projects that have actually made a big difference in the last two
years: Orca, NVDA, emacspeak, speakup, Ubuntu, Vinux, Debian, and many
others.  I am listening to this e-mail with NVDA, though if I happened
to be in Linux, I'd be Orca.  People like Joan Marie and James Teh
make this possible, at great personal sacrifice.  Other than the
complete lack of cooperation from the GTK+ team over the last two
years, what should I be feeling about Gnome that would make me want to
organize contributors to support Gnome accessibility?  Where are the
contributors like Joan Marie or Luke?  I believe they are there, but
the Gnome organization keeps them from making any positive difference.
 The Gnome organization is built to give individuals complete power
over their tiny domains of source code, making it impossible for broad
goals like accessibility to move forward.  It's like trying to have
free trade in a country where every land owner can tax anyone passing
through their property.  Let's put our dollars elsewhere.

Bill