[g-a-devel] GNOME Launches Campaign for Accessibility

Friday 16th dec, the GNOME Foundation announces a fundraising campaign [1] to kick off 2012 as the Year of Accessibility for GNOME.

GNOME has held accessibility amongst its core values from the project’s inception. Because of this commitment, along with the efforts of many dedicated developers, GNOME 2 became an award winning accessible free desktop environment.

“For me, GNU/Linux and GNOME equal freedom, and without all of the hard work which has been put into all of this wonderful software, I would truly be at a loss. This is why further development and maintenance of accessible software is so important to me.” –Read the rest of Robert Cole’s story here [2]

With the advent of GNOME 3, GNOME has started down an exciting new path in terms of usability, which will include users of all ages and abilities. This drive is not only necessary for those with disabilities but is also increasingly needed for our devices work for any user. The GNOME accessibility team is working hard, but its resources are more limited than in the past.

With your help we can tackle the accessibility team’s many goals [3], making GNOME the best and most accessible desktop available today. Please help us make 2012 the Year of Accessibility at GNOME! Donate $25 or more today [1] and ask your friends to donate too.

Contribute and spread the word !

Links:

   [1] http://www.gnome.org/friends/
   [2] http://www.gnome.org/friends/a11y-testomonial.html