Re: [g-a-devel] [orca-list] Thunderbird launching very slowly if Orca running. Why happening this?

On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 12:46:27PM -0500, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
> Hey all.
>
> >>TOTAL PROCESSING TIME: 24.5515
> >
> >what unit is this? if its seconds that's really suprising.
>
> Yeah, it's seconds. And looking at Attila's debug output there are

hmm, it seemed to me like that was the processing time for just one of
the events, but I guess I don't understand the format that well :-)

> over 10,000 lines (yes ten thousand!!!) of
> object:property-change:accessible-name getting queued up. One line
> per event. In other words, this is an epic event flood from
> Thunderbird or Gecko. I'm really not sure what I can do other than
> to ask Thunderbird/Gecko to just cut it out for pete's sake.

Well, that's simple, thunderbird can just not tell you about the
messages ;-)

More seriously the way a email client works is you have a treeviewish
thing with a list of all your messages (in this case ~25000).  Each item
in the list view should be an accessible right? so we need to add each
of those 2500 accessibles, and then tell at-spi that each of them got a
name.  I'm not sure why its 10000+ instead of 2500+ but that's roughly a
factor of four so with 0 debuging involved I'll gues there is more than
one accessible per message.

SO while I understand not wanting that many events I think you want
that more than the alternative.

I think the solution here needs to be some sort of api change in atk or
smart events, so ccing g-a-d

> Trev, are you still involved with Gecko development? If so it would
> be awesome if you could take a look at this.

a little when not dealing with school

Trev