Re: [g-a-devel] AT-SPI: Accessibility bus not found

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 10:18 +0100, Halim Sahin wrote:

> > > Currently I am playing with the at-spi2 stuff but I wasn't able to get
> > > anything useful out of orca.
> >
> > Do you use the latest at-spi2 and set the gconf keys to the right value
> > (/desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility is true
> > and /desktop/gnome/interface/at-spi-corba is false)?
> The corba key was missing.

Seems you need to build the latest at-spi (CORBA version) to make the
two versions of at-spi co-exist.

> Now I have a new problem:
> 1. under ubuntu dbus-daemon is located in /bin not in /usr/bin
> If have set a symlink as workarround.

There is an option "--with-dbus-daemondir" during configure. That should
be helpful.

> 2. Now I am getting a new traceback timeout.
> I.ll attach my xsessionerrors file.
> Can you please help?

>From the error message, pyatspi cannot communicate with the
accessibility bus. I am not sure what is wrong. Can you try to remove
the desktop file first (should be in /etc/xdg/autostart) and see if
pyatspi can talk with the session bus?

Regards,
Li