[g-a-devel] AT-SPI and modal dialogs

Greetings,

The AT-SPI interface allows interactions that are not possible with a mouse and keyboard.  The example I'm looking at is to display a modal dialog and then interact (through AT-SPI) with the underlying application without dismissing the modal dialog.  A user with a mouse and keyboard cannot interact with the underlying app while that app displays a modal dialog.

What is the motivation for permitting actions through AT-SPI that are not possible through the conventional human interface?  If this is a naive question, go easy on me.

-Sam