Re: [g-a-devel] Gnome-accessibility-devel Digest, Vol 57, Issue 4

Hello all,

> Cspi was marked for deprecation and python bindings are preferred. I
> think your option b is the way to go.
> I can elaborate more on this if you want me to.
>
> ariel

I wasn't aware that Cspi was marked for deprecation.

> I am having a problem reconciling Ariel Rios's email far below with the
> email from Mark Dorfman immediately below.  Am I misreading these two
> mails or is there an inconsistency?  I was suprised to hear that "The
> CSPI has been marked for deprecation."  When did that happen and where
> is this written down?  Why don't the public docs say "Deprecated" on
> them?

It was always the intention to support Cspi when moving to D-Bus for
AT-SPI. The only problem is that time has caught up with us. GNOME 3.0
apparently wishes to remove CORBA and Bonobo meaning that we have 13
months to complete the project. Its my prefered option to continue the
work on cspi, but as of right now there is no-one who has the time to
work on them. We are all looking to find resources to work on cspi-DBus.

Thanks

Mark