-Sam

From: gnome-accessibility-devel-bounces gnome org
[mailto:gnome-accessibility-devel-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Mark
Doffman
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 2:20 AM
To: gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org
Subject: Re: [g-a-devel] AccessibleDeviceEventMask
and,SPI_registerDeviceEventListener()

Hi Jeff,

Will CSPI support D-BUS later after we migrate from CORBA to D-BUS? Or CSPI will be EOLed?

If an AT program is written in C, how could it use the interface provided by pyatspi?

When moving to D-Bus we have no intention of EOLing cspi. We need all
the ATs currently written using the library to keep going. Its true that
at the moment cspi is out-of-action in the D-Bus project. But Mike Gorse
has recently been putting patches in, so it may be up and running soon.

Two cents on an old issue... My personal preference would be to use
pyatspi for new ATs. The interface is better, and who wants to code in
'C' anyway. :)

Thanks

Mark