From: William Walker sun com [mailto:William Walker sun com] Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 9:57 AM
To: Quiring, Sam
Cc: gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org
Subject: Re: [g-a-devel] Do all references to the same object have the
same value?

If I understand your question correctly, to be guaranteed equality
between separate events, you need to explicitly ref() the object.

Will

Quiring, Sam wrote:
Greetings,
My application uses AT-SPI to examine an application. Suppose the target application has a check box on it. If the target application's

GUI does not change, will every Accessible *reference to the check box, no matter how it is obtained, have the same value? For example, supposed I obtain a reference for the check box by enumerating the entire AT-SPI tree. Then the user clicks on the checkbox and a reference to the check box is delivered to my handler for the "focus:"
event.  Will these two references be equal?
-Sam