Re: [g-a-devel] GNOME Accessibility presentation - contribution to stock GNOME presentations

Hi Willie,

Willie Walker wrote:
> http://master.gnome.org/~wwalker/dwell-click.avi
> http://master.gnome.org/~wwalker/theming.avi
> http://master.gnome.org/~wwalker/keyboard-enhancements.avi
> http://master.gnome.org/~wwalker/enable-a11y.avi

Cool stuff! You used "recordmydesktop", you say?

One piece of feedback: I've found in my demos that setting high contrast
large print inverse makes the desktop hard to put back the way it was,
and some windows behave badly with the theme (some dialogs grows off the
edge of the screen and I can't get at the buttons to dismiss the
dialog). Have you found the same thing?

I'm *really* looking forward to seeing a gok demo :)

> I'm kind of proud of the creative use of the cheese application in the
> keyboard-enhancements video.  ;-)

Very nice indeed :) Pity about some of the video artifacts, but
definitely did the job.

> These were just quick unscripted
> demos that I rattled off kind of fast, so there's definitely room for
> improvement.  I wish, for example, I knew how to edit/splice things so I
> didn't have to do them in one take.

I guess Diva or Pitivi are the ones you need for a job like that?
Although I haven't figured out how to split segments into different bits
with that...

> Let me know what you think.  If you like them, I can do more for GOK,
> Dasher, and Orca.

GOK! GOK! I'd love to see one for Orca too, but I suspect it'd be a half
an hour long (or would be 3 or 4 different segments - one for the
magnifier, one for the screen reader, one for ...)

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary