Re: [g-a-devel] registering/deregistering event listeners

Quiring, Sam wrote:
Greetings,
In my app that interfaces to at-spi I have a function that requires that I listen for a bunch of different event types. During normal operation of the app I do not need to listen for these events. The implementation of this function looks like this: 1. register the event handlers
    2. wait for the user to do his thing
    3. deregister the event handlers
After a few executions of this function (3..6), it dies during step 1: registering the event handlers.
Can you show me the traces of at-spi-registryd and your application?

Li

In fact the entire GNOME desktop locks up and I'm forced to power cycle the machine to get control back. (Is there an easier/cleaner way to restart GNOME?). During app initialization I create the event listeners using SPI_createAccessibleEventListener() and SPI_createAccessibleDeviceListener(). My app assumes that once these listeners are created it can register and deregister them as event listeners as many times as it wants. Is that correct? The code implements deregistering the non-device event listeners using SPI_derefisterGlobalEventListenerAll() -- I don't know if that matters. Any help would be appreciated. -Sam