Re: [g-a-devel] Gnome accessibility projects list

What would be useful is to have excellent Braille translation and format come out when you print something.

For the high quality translation and format to happen automatically, you'd have to have something come through CUPS other than raw text. It would need to be a structured document of some kind.

Yes, the translation, formatting and editing could happen in OOo first and then send the BRF to CUPS. However, what if you want to emboss high quality Braille From a web page in Firefox? I guess it would need something it could send an HTML page to and get the BRF back, before sending it to CUPS.

Anyway, we'd need to think of how the architecture should work for the big picture. We have a big opportunity to much better integration of Braille technologies in FOSS than we have on proprietary platforms. I dreamed about this for years when I worked on MegaDots.

- Aaron

Samuel Thibault wrote:
Hi,