[g-a-devel] gnome-mag and the damage connection doubts

Hi Bill,

In the damage-client.c, line 140, there is this comment: /* we need our
own connection here to keep from gumming up the works */

I don't understand it well, maybe because I don't understand well the
expression to keep from gummin up the works. There is other way to say
what you try to say there?

Other think, in the line 180 of the same file. Why the call to
g_io_channel_unref (ioc) ? This type of call is made when you want to
free a resource, isn't is? The g_io_add_watch increases the ref counts
to ioc, so the call to g_io_channel_unref will not make the ref count
reach 0?

Thanks,
--
Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diógenes