Re: [g-a-devel] How does at-spi communicate with gail ??

Hi Vamsi:

The atk-bridge contains the answer to both of your questions.  It is
both the service which adapts the in-process ATK interfaces (implemented
by gail) to the out-of-process AT-SPI interfaces, exported via CORBA
IPC.  If you look closely at at-spi/atk-bridge/bridge.c, you will see
where the connections take place.

It is also the code which registers each application with the
at-spi-registryd Registry service, when the application initially starts
up, via gnome_accessibility_module_init().

Here's a process-space diagram showing how apps, the AT-SPI registry,
and assistive technologies communicate:

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/tech-docs/SPIBlockDiagram.png

regards

Bill