Re: [g-a-devel] [Accessibility-atspi] AT-SPI and D-Bus

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 10:46, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:
> [ Bill Haneman ]...
>
> > No engineering resources from Qt/KDE would need to touch the
> > CORBA/Bonobo stuff at all, in order for this to work.  The only
> > "undesirable" dependency would be glib, which is very well maintained
> > and documented.
>
> And libbonobo, and ORBit2, which is what I was referring to.

No, you would not see those interfaces at all.  You would only see ATK.
And you would only link to ATK+glib.  The other stuff would be
LD_PRELOADED or dlopened(), and you would only need to call a single
init routine.  If the existing bootstrapping hook is unacceptable I
would be happy to add one that met your needs.

If by "problems with the way glib is written" you are referring to
glib mainloop issues, surely that problem can be addressed "at source".
Or perhaps they can be worked around; Michael meeks managed to solve
these problems for OpenOffice.org when they encountered them.  I am
sure that he would have useful suggestions.

Bill