Re: [g-a-devel] how to active full debugging messages in gnome-mag?

Carlos:

The #undef statement is a common convention in source code for macros that a developer wishes to "turn on" for one file only, during the development or debugging process. That way a developer only needs to change "#undef' to "#define" in a single spot, and doesn't need to re-configure or hunt around trying to figure out whether the macro gets defined somewhere else.

I didn't really design those flags for the type of use you suggest. It would be useful for _some_ of the flags perhaps, but I think it would require that the macros be revised and re-examined.

Turning them all on in all files is a bad idea as too much output is generated.

Bill

Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes wrote:

Bill Haneman wrote:

You'll need to #define the appropriate macros in the source files yourself if you want this level of debug info. For more info, consult the sources, this output is intended for developer debugging and so it assumes some degree of familiarity with the gnome-mag sources.

Why the #undef DEBUG and #undef ZOOM_REGION_DEBUG are in zoom-region.c? If they are never defined before, why undefined they? Other point I think is interesting is take off these undef from the code, so we can set the CFLAGS variable with -DDEBUG -DZOOM_REGION_DEBUG -DDEBUG_BORDER and then when we call ./configure these flags will be used to compile the program and we will have debug informations, what do you think about Bill?

Bill