[g-a-devel] Questions about the gnome-mag design

Hi Bill,

I have some considerations about the gnome-mag design that I would like to argue.

Don't you think that the IDL interface only increases the complexity to debug and difficult contributions from new developers to the project? What are the reasons to have this type of design? I'm asking it because I think that the process to listen the system events, process they and show the magnified area can be done in a single program and this way is much more simple to develop the system.

What do you think in an effort to merge what BAUM developed in gnopernicus with gnome-mag to create a complete solution for magnification, eliminating these CORBA dependecies/complexities?

Why not design gnome-mag to be a library (or only a program like I said in the last paragraph) that support magnification and export an API in C? I have doubts if making this program an object that can be accessed throw CORBA is the best solution.

Thanks,
Carlos.