Re: [g-a-devel] AT-SPI, focus leaving and window IDs

[quoted lines by Bill Haneman on 2005/03/04 at 17:33 +0000]

>So I think perhaps we are worrying about a problem that is already
>solved, we just need to get the terminal emulation folks to point us at
>the existing solution, I am pretty sure that a text-mode application
>should be able to tell when it has focus without having to ask AT-SPI.

At the risk of making myself look ignorant (which shouldn't be too hard), I
don't believe there's any such interface. Text-mode applications tend to be
entirely oblivious to window focus. They just read from and write to their ttys
or slave ends of ptys. For a terminal window: Output written to the associated
pty is delivered to the terminal program, which can still write that output to
the window even if it isn't in focus. Input, of course, is only detected by the
terminal program, and, in turn, enqueued in the pty, when it has focus. The
text-mode application may actually read that input at some later time when it
no longer has focus, but that isn't a problem.

EMail: dave mielke cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.