Re: [g-a-devel] first attempt at a doc to help with Braille support in Gnopernicus

Hi.

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 10:44:15AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> The key mapping is already documented. Go to BRLTTY's web site, select
> "Documentation", then select "Gnopernicus".
>
> There are a few bindings which should be added, and we'll be doing that
> shortly.

Sorry I wasted band with.  My reason for posting was I didn't see that
info before and I didn't like the initial defaults.  When I tried to
change them, I ran into problems because I tried to map my display to
more closely act like it does in the console.  Mapping display left and
display right to functions like BRL_CMD_FWINLT and BRL_CMD_FWINRT are
more useful with my 40 cell display.
At least on my display, some of the definitions don't seem to work.
Anything bound to keys like L09K03 only generate Gnopernicus errors.

I think I understand the code well enough to move these command to DK
key combinations and finally get Braille support in Gnopernicus that
works for me.

BTW, I notice you don't mention anything about gdm.  I've found I can
set environment variables in a ~/.gnomerc file so they work in the gdm
login.

Adding the line

export CONTROLVT=7

was what finally got my display to work with Gnopernicus.  In this
example, my X server is on virtual console 7.

One advantage to using gdm is you don't loose a text console to the
startx command.

          Kenny