Re: [g-a-devel]libtool breakage in Gnopernicus 0.7.3?

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 22:23, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Mario Lang wrote:
>
> > > Looks like a broken libtool script in the tarball. :-(
> > >
> > > The short-term solution is to "export SED=sed", which should fix the
> > > problems you are seeing.
> >
> > Yes, this makes the compile go through, thanks.
> > I am not sure how this slipped through QA, but maybe it would be a good
> > idea to test tarball releases a bit more toughly.
>
> Hi Guys:
>
> I packaged all these broken tarballs myself.  And yes, they worked
> "fine" on my system, so I had no way of knowing that they were
> broken until bug reports started coming in.  Even then I didn't
> know what was wrong, and I can't say for certain that my latest tarballs
> work on other peoples' build environments.

Yeah, it is important that people understand this. If 'make distcheck'
passes for the packager, there is almost no way of knowing that
something is going to break down the track.

I did have some time to look at this yesterday and made some progress,
but did not entirely nail things down. I'll post something more when I
have finished looking at it.

Malcolm