Re: [g-a-devel]libtool breakage in Gnopernicus 0.7.3?

Malcolm Tredinnick <malcolm commsecure com au> writes:

> On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 09:27, Mario Lang wrote:
>> I am trying to compile Gnopernicus 0.7.3, and I am seeing a very
>> strange libtool breakage again.  This libtool thingy is going to
>> produce more headaches I am afraid...  Here is the output from
>> make, I have absolutely no idea whats going on here.  Can anyone
>> give me a hint?  I am using the prestine 0.7.3 tarball sources:
>
> Looks like a broken libtool script in the tarball. :-(
>
> The short-term solution is to "export SED=sed", which should fix the
> problems you are seeing.

Yes, this makes the compile go through, thanks.

> The longer-term solution is that I'll grab a copy of the tarball at
> lunchtime and try to work out what's going on.

That'd be great.  I tried to compile 0.7.3 on a Debian system.
Don't know how it behaves on other systems.
I am not sure how this slipped through QA, but maybe it would be a good
idea to test tarball releases a bit more toughly.

--
CYa,