Re: [g-a-devel]Source of mouse:button events

Hi Bernard:

Toolkit-specific events are intentionally undocumented, as we don't want
to encourage their widespread use.

I still do not understand the problem you are trying to solve; can you
give more context?  In the context of assistive technologies it is not
clear what you are doing.  If you are trying to build some sort of test
or automation tool then there are a number of factors to consider.  As I
said, you should be receiving (and listening for) state changes to
widgets in response to user actions such as mouse button clicks or even
mouse enter and exit events, not the device events themselves.  The same
is true for keyboard events; except for the case of command keys for
your application, it's often better to monitor text-changed events and
other widget state changes than monitor keyboard events directly.  Key
echo can be another exception in some situations, but it depends on user
preference and the exact problem your application is trying to solve.

Please try to avoid the use of toolkit-specific events; I do not see the
relevance to your charset issue, which is a bug.  That bug is currently
being investigated; we are currently explaining the issue to
StarOffice/OpenOffice engineering.

regards,

- Bill