Re: [g-a-devel]accessibility gconf key

> Simon Bates wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have written a very simple shell script for checking and setting the
> > gconf accessibility key.  I have included it here just in case anyone
> > else might find it useful.

By the way, this reminds me that sometime before we claim to have a
fully accessible desktop ;-)

we need some sort of user preference dialog for enabling assistive
technology support; really it just needs to have one checkbox, for the
moment.  Since we have an "Accessibility" menu in the GNOME menus, it
seems as though it would belong there, alongside the "Keyboard"
accessibility item; perhaps named "Assistive Technologies".  (Eventually
we could use it to turn on and off various assistive technologies as
well as set this gconf key.)

If anyone would like to volunteer to

(a) propose and champion this little preferences dialog in GNOME 2.2,
and

(b) implement the dialog (a.k.a. "capplet),

this would be most welcome.

regards,

Bill