[g-a-devel]Gnome Speech FreeTTS Driver

HI All,

There is now a FreeTTS Driver in GNOME Speech on the gnome_speech0-1 branch. it currently only builds on Linux, but I'm working on fixing that now. Specify the --with-freetts-dir option to point at your FreeTTS installation to build it.

Note that it currently requires gnome-java-bridge.jar to be in your prefix/share/jar directory, but this will be changing to a monkeybeans-2 dependency when it becomes available.

the Java VM takes several seconds to start up, and as a result, bonobo-activation seems to hang when attempting to activate the server for the first time. Is there a bonobo-activation timeout of some sort that I can lengthen to insure that the call waits long enough and returns?

Thanks,

Marc