[g-a-devel]Re: some comments about at-poke

Hi Bolian,

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 09:02, Bolian Yin wrote:
> I am trying to use "at-poke" to test  netscape accessibility.  It looks
>  nice, but  there are some unconvenient:

	:-) Yes, there are a number of rough edges.

> 1.  at-poke refresh the tree too frequently.  Even the mouse move can
> triger that.

	This is a 'feature' of GtkTree, essentially we need to cache the stuff
locally for speed.

> 2.  using a hight rectangle to mark the visible widget will be a good
> enhancement:   for example, when I click on a node of the tree-view in
> at-poke, a highlight rectangle appears on the related visbile widget of
> sever application.

	That's not possible with the current libspi API as far as I'm aware,
short of doing something very evil with X and scribbling over other
applications' X windows.

> 3.  It will be good, when focus change in the sever appliation,  at-poke
> has some way to mark that.

	Hard to do; what do you suggest ? colouring rows in the GtkTreeView is
not possible AFAIK, Jonathan ?

> 4.  at-poke can not reflect the change in sever application (such as
> windows popup, go away) without a direct refresh.

	Yes - this is a consequence of having to sync the model very, very
carefully with the GtkTreeView, in terms of row insert / deletes which
we don't do right currently. It's extremely hard to fix that.

> I know that, at-poke is still under development now.  So maybe you have
> plan these and many other features.  I just want to
> show you my conerns.   Thanks for providing such a nice tesing tool anyway.

	I'm glad it's useful.