[g-a-devel]Re: some comments about at-poke

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:

> Hi Bolian,
>
> On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 09:02, Bolian Yin wrote:
> > I am trying to use "at-poke" to test  netscape accessibility.  It looks
> >  nice, but  there are some unconvenient:
>
> 	:-) Yes, there are a number of rough edges.
>
> > 1.  at-poke refresh the tree too frequently.  Even the mouse move can
> > triger that.
>
> 	This is a 'feature' of GtkTree, essentially we need to cache the stuff
> locally for speed.

This is to allow prelighting of nodes, should they desire.  You prolly
do want a local cache of the visible stuff.

> > 3.  It will be good, when focus change in the sever appliation,  at-poke
> > has some way to mark that.
>
> 	Hard to do; what do you suggest ? colouring rows in the GtkTreeView is
> not possible AFAIK, Jonathan ?

You can color the foreground of the color of a text row with stock GTK
2.0, and can use egg-cell-renderer-text to color the background if need
be.  In GTK 2.2, coloring the bg in the text renderer should just work.

Thanks,
-Jonathan