Re: [g-a-devel]some comments about at-poke

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 09:02, Bolian Yin wrote:

Hi Bolian!

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use "at-poke" to test  netscape accessibility.  It looks
>  nice, but  there are some unconvenient:
> 1.  at-poke refresh the tree too frequently.  Even the mouse move can
> triger that.

This one is my fault, I added property listeners to at-poke and at the
moment the refresh is not very intelligent about when and what it
refreshes.

> 2.  using a hight rectangle to mark the visible widget will be a good
> enhancement:   for example, when I click on a node of the tree-view in
> at-poke, a highlight rectangle appears on the related visbile widget of
> sever application.

This is a nice idea but could be tricky to implement; the at-spi API
doesn't expose a direct way to do it.  Probably it could be done with a
partially-transparent, shaped X window.

regards,

Bill