Re: [g-a-devel]Tooltips and accessibility

On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 17:06, Marc Mulcahy wrote:
> I think the description might not be enough in the case of magnification or
> some other application which wants to draw attention to the tooltip, since
> the description wouldn't give the tooltip's location.  i understand
> Michael's discontentmet with showing a new GailToplvel when a tooltip is
> displayed.  Do we have any other options between not giving any
> notification, and notifying the tooltip creation as a new GailToplevel?

	Could we not make the tooltip window a child of the accessible that
threw it up ? though that's most likely ugliness and pain, hmm.

	Sigh; possibly the problem with tooltips is not emitting
children-changed on the application when a tooltip window disappears -
or (quite possibly) the resources associated with the tooltip are not
destroyed, just hidden thus the Atk objects hang around [ and I still
very strongly feel that proxies for un-mapped GtkWidgets should not
appear in the tree at all ].