RE: [g-a-devel]Notebook's selection interface ...

> Subject: RE: [g-a-devel]Notebook's selection interface ...
> To: mukund rajagopalan wipro com
> Cc: "'Padraig O'Briain'" <Padraig Obriain sun com>, "'accessibility mailing
list'" <gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org>

> Hi Mukund,
>
> On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 03:04, Mukund wrote:
> > I guess you are talking about selecting the table-cells in GtkTreeView
> > (subject indicates Notebook:)
>
> 	Yes ;-) I get easily confused in mid-mail.
>
> > /* quote */
> > We have implemented the function add_row_selection from AtkTable in
> > gailtreeview.c. My recollection is that GtkTreeView does not allow the
> > selection of individual cells, only an entire row so we do not implement
> > add_selection.
> > /* quote */
>
> 	Oh I'm talking about the AtkSelection interface not the AtkTable one -
> since this is what I'm assured is used to 'select' rows - ie. replace
> row_activate. However it does not do so. Padraig can you verify that
> with at-poke and gtk-demo ?

My understanding is that the AtkTable interface is used to select rows not the
AtkSelection interface.

We should possibly permit use of AtkSelection interface if the number of columns
in a row is 1.

> > This is what I observed during my testing - the selection expands and
> > collapses the 'TreeView' cells in gtk-demo (that's the last item in the
> > GtkTreeView in the main dialog). I think this is what Padraig means on
> > having add_selection implemented on the 'entire row'.
>
> 	The issue of expanding anc collapsing hadn't got into my skull as yet
> ;-) but I'm becoming convinced we need some actions on the row items.

There should be an action defined on the cells in the expander column.

Padraig