RE: [g-a-devel]Notebook's selection interface ...

Hi Padraig,

	Ok - this conversation has got horribly, horribly confused - partially
because we use 'selection' for several disparate things.

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 10:13, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> My understanding is that the AtkTable interface is used to select
> rows not the AtkSelection interface.

	That is my understanding too.

> We should possibly permit use of AtkSelection interface if the number
> of columns in a row is 1.

	That's as maybe - please run at-poke on gtk-demo, and tell me _how_ you
are to emulate the behavior that the user gets by clicking on eg. 'color
selector' in the GtkTreeView list on the left of the gtk-demo window ?

	That is the question - here is my conjecture as to what is wrong. I
believe someone said that the AccessibleSelection interface was
applicable here and used to emulate this behavior 'clicked'. This was a
counter explanation to my assertion that there is a bug to whit a
missing 'activate' action on each sub row's accessible.

	So to re-capitulate how do I emulate the user clicking on one of those
rows in gtk-demo - use of at-poke to verify hypothesis appreciated.

	Also it's not clear to me how the AccessibleTable interface allows rows
or columns to be selected - it appears to be a read only interface ...