RE: [g-a-devel]Notebook's selection interface ...

Hi Mukund,

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 03:04, Mukund wrote:
> I guess you are talking about selecting the table-cells in GtkTreeView
> (subject indicates Notebook:)

	Yes ;-) I get easily confused in mid-mail.

> /* quote */
> We have implemented the function add_row_selection from AtkTable in
> gailtreeview.c. My recollection is that GtkTreeView does not allow the
> selection of individual cells, only an entire row so we do not implement
> add_selection.
> /* quote */

	Oh I'm talking about the AtkSelection interface not the AtkTable one -
since this is what I'm assured is used to 'select' rows - ie. replace
row_activate. However it does not do so. Padraig can you verify that
with at-poke and gtk-demo ?

> This is what I observed during my testing - the selection expands and
> collapses the 'TreeView' cells in gtk-demo (that's the last item in the
> GtkTreeView in the main dialog). I think this is what Padraig means on
> having add_selection implemented on the 'entire row'.

	The issue of expanding anc collapsing hadn't got into my skull as yet
;-) but I'm becoming convinced we need some actions on the row items.