Re: [g-a-devel]role type - "password-text"

On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 15:03, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Bill,
[snip]
> 	I'm extremely un-certain that this is a security bug in at-spi, if we
> remove all ways of determining what text is in that field, we have
> screwed with eg. braille displays - that don't speak the string out to
> the whole room [ not that an a11y desktop user would be using anything
> but headphones in an office space I'm sure ;-].

sighted users don't get feedback in these cases, so I don't think it's
necessary for blind users to get this feedback either.

And this has been flagged as an issue by architectural and security
review folks; also in some use cases (remote apps, etc.) it would be
potentially exploitable as a security hole.  I don't think it's worth
the risk, and don't think exposing the plaintext is important for
accessibility.

-Bill