Re: [g-a-devel]role type - "password-text"

On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 10:17, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> Anju,
>
> The role password-text is currently set in gail/gailentry.c for a text entry
> field for which entry->visible is FALSE.
>
> The function atk_text_get_text() reports the text actually typed in not what is
> displayed.

I do believe this is a security bug, my understanding has always been
that a text field should report what is displayed in this case and not
what was typed in.

Certainly if we expose the password text here it creates very
significant security issues for at-spi and accessibility solutions.

-Bill