RE: [g-a-devel]Accessibility for libgnome-desktop

I was thinking that this is a bug in GAIL.

Calling gtk_label_set_mnemonic_widget() causes a notification of a change in the
property "mnemonic_widget". GAIL should be able to set up an emission hook to
listen for such notifications and when one is received, determine what the
mnemonic widget is and cause the relation LABELLED_BY to be created.

If you agree with this approach I can add this functionality to GAIL.

> >> 2. GnomeHintClass
> >>
> >> Is GnomeHint (startup) removed from Gnome 2.0? Also, are there any
> >> applications in Gnome 2.0
> >> that use libgnome-desktop for GnomeHint?
> >>

> The GnomeHint widget has 4 GnomeCanvasItems namely the background image, the
> logo image,
> the title text and the hint text. So i'm planning to set the AtkObject name
> for the
> canvas item to the title text and AtkObject description to the hint text.
> Wouldn't
> that be sufficient?
>
> Also, i don't feel the need to give AtkImage interface for the logo that is
> displayed
> because it doesn't convey much information to the user. The user would be
> more interested
> in the hint text that is displayed.
>
> comments/thoughts?

This sound OK to me. I am sure if Marc Mulcahy thinks differently you will hear
from him.

Padraig