RE: [g-a-devel]Accessibility for libgnome-desktop

-----Original Message-----
From: Padraig O'Briain [mailto:Padraig Obriain Sun COM]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 4:23 PM
To: gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org; jayaraj rajappan wipro com
Subject: Re: [g-a-devel]Accessibility for libgnome-desktop

>> 1. GnomeDitemEditClass
>>
>> Tooltips need to be added at appropriate places and AtkRelation interface
>> should be set where ever necessary. For eg, AtkRelation has to be set
>> between GtkEntry & GtkLabel.
>>

>Instead of using AtkRelation, I think that you should call
>gtk_label_set_mnemonic_widget(). The description of this function makes it
sound
>to me that it is what you need. What do you think?

>The implementation in GailLabel should then set up the correct AtkRelation.
If
>not, we have a bug in GAIL.

Yes, i think we can use gtk_label_set_mnemonic_widget() to set the LABEL_FOR
relation.
We still need to have code in the application to set the LABELLED_BY
relation, right?

>> 2. GnomeHintClass
>>
>> Is GnomeHint (startup) removed from Gnome 2.0? Also, are there any
>> applications in Gnome 2.0
>> that use libgnome-desktop for GnomeHint?

The GnomeHint widget has 4 GnomeCanvasItems namely the background image, the
logo image,
the title text and the hint text. So i'm planning to set the AtkObject name
for the
canvas item to the title text and AtkObject description to the hint text.
Wouldn't
that be sufficient?

Also, i don't feel the need to give AtkImage interface for the logo that is
displayed
because it doesn't convey much information to the user. The user would be
more interested
in the hint text that is displayed.

comments/thoughts?

NOTE: Presently GnomeHint is not used. To see the GUI, we can use the
test-hint program
in gnome-desktop/libgnome-desktop. It requires a hint file, a background
image and a logo
image. In GNOME 1.4, it can be run by clicking on the panel -> programs ->
utilities -> startup hint.

- Jayaraj

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.