RE: [g-a-devel]Gnome 2.0 : accessibility for the gnome-cd application

Hi,

I'm trying to implement AtkText and AtkComponent for the PangoLayout in the
gnome-cd
application. I have few questions about the implementation.

1. For the selection methods in AtkText (eg get_selection, add_selection
etc), are there
   any support functions in gail/util/gailmisc.[ch]?

2. For the get_extents method of AtkComponent, i tried using
pango_layout_get_extents().
   But this call returns both the ink and the logical extents. which one of
these should be used?

3. Would get_extents and get_size methods of AtkComponent suffice for
PangoLayout? If the set
   methods of AtkComponent is needed, is there any support in PangoLayout to
do this?

Regargs,
Jayaraj

Padraig O'Briain wrote:

> What we have in gail/util, in gailmisc.[ch] are support functions, which
are
> used in GailEntry, GailLabel and GailTextCell, which manipulate a
PangoLayout or
> the PangoRectangle obtained from a PangoLayout.
>
> Our hope is that these functions can be used in the implementation of ATK
> interfaces for custom widgets.
>
> Padraig

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.