RE: [g-a-devel]Gnome 2.0 : accessibility for the gnome-cd application

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to implement AtkText and AtkComponent for the PangoLayout in the
> gnome-cd
> application. I have few questions about the implementation.
>
> 1. For the selection methods in AtkText (eg get_selection, add_selection
> etc), are there
>    any support functions in gail/util/gailmisc.[ch]?

There are no support functions for this in gailmisc.
Are you certain that you the selection methods? Can you select text using the
mouse or keyword?

> 2. For the get_extents method of AtkComponent, i tried using
> pango_layout_get_extents().
>    But this call returns both the ink and the logical extents. which one of
> these should be used?

I think that it is logical extents but am not sure. My reason for saying logical
extents is that I was looking at a similar issue in gtkhtml2 in
html_box_text_get_extents() and it calls pango_glyph_string_extents() and uses
logical extents.
Is there a difference is the value of the ink and logical extent?

> 3. Would get_extents and get_size methods of AtkComponent suffice for
> PangoLayout? If the set
>    methods of AtkComponent is needed, is there any support in PangoLayout to
> do this?

By extents do you position rather than size? As before, can you change the
position and size in the application? If not, I do not think that you need to
worry about it from an accessibility point of view.

Padraig