Re: GAL vs gnome-2.0

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:

> What's wrong with the current position of gnome-vfs? I don't
> necessrily disagree with you but I haven't heard your theory on this
> before.

Some examples:

 - file selector should use it
 - Ron Steinke went to lots of trouble to get streaming encoding
   conversion right, but it's on GIOChannel, so everyone using
   gnome-vfs will write their own broken code instead
 - we need a cross-platform filesystem abstraction for people
   doing win32/unix work

Just kind of idle "it would be nice" thinking, obviously there's not
much we can do about it anytime soon. It's not even on the
possible-2.2 list.

Havoc