Re: libsoup as a replacement for gnome-http

Alex Graveley <alex ximian com> writes:

> On Wed, 2001-09-19 at 12:57, Jim Gettys wrote:
> > Does the library support pipelining of HTTP requests?
>
> Not yet, though only because I don't quite understand how to make sure a
> prior request in the pipeline will not be long running and result in
> slower transfer completion than waiting for another connection to free
> up.

A HTTP implementation should never have more than two connections to
the same host at the same time.  This makes a lot of sense since the
connection handshakes is a significant fraction of the time to
complete a request.  And you can't in any case squeeze more bandwidth
out of your link by having more than one connection at a time.