Re: GAL vs gnome-2.0

On Wed, 2001-09-19 at 18:01, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> You characterize GTK by saying "nothing is perfect enough" to go in,
> but I think you only say that because you don't consider the GTK
> requirements important, while other people do consider them
> important. i.e. you are dismissing the GTK requirements as
> hoop-jumping or a foolish pursuit of perfection. However to someone
> who runs their system in Japanese the i18n requirement might be more
> than that. ;-)

I think you completely missed the point here.  It is precisely because
the current stable gtk+ is so poor with respect to i18n that gal has a
huge number of gross hacks trying to address such issues.  The stable
platform has moved so slowly that we end up falling all over ourselves
trying to work around it.

--Larry