Re: Floppy disk access in Gnome - followup.
- From: Ian McKellar <ian danger com>
- To: George Farris <george gmsys com>
- Cc: GNOME mailing list <gnome-list gnome org>, gnome-2-0-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Floppy disk access in Gnome - followup.
- Date: 30 Oct 2001 18:20:23 -0800
On Sat, 2001-10-27 at 03:34, George Farris wrote:
> The next comment was that "You don't have to mount floppies - just use
> tar with the raw device (/dev/rfloppy or whatever)."
My personally preferred insane solution is to write a FAT gnome-vfs
module that knows how to access floppy devices directly. This is a
similar thing to what we do for Audio CD access in GnomeVFS/Nautilus.
This won't work with non-GNOME programs, but I don't really care about
PS: We could use the same magic for accessing MacOS HFS formated disks.
] [Thread Prev