Re: Floppy disk access in Gnome - followup.
- From: "R.I.P. Deaddog" <maddog linuxhall org>
- To: George <jirka 5z com>
- Cc: George Farris <george gmsys com>, GNOME mailing list <gnome-list gnome org>, Gnome 2 List <gnome-2-0-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Floppy disk access in Gnome - followup.
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 06:26:28 +0800 (HKT)
On Sun, 28 Oct 2001, George wrote:
> I think there was a patch for linux kernel at some point called supermount or
> some such, that in effect did exactly that. You didn't have to mount nor
> unmount removable media. I have no clue what happened to this patch or why
> it didn't get in.
Mandrake kernel people keep talking about getting supermount into kernel,
and even said that Linus has no objection to this. But it sounds like
that they are rewriting supermount patch, perhaps this is the reason.
] [Thread Prev