Re: Panel 2 rules!

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 03:04:14AM -0700, Seth Nickell wrote:
> Speaking of hacking on the menus, Nils' has done an excellent
> re-organization of the panel menus that should improve their
> navigability immensely. We would really like to get this done for GNOME2
> (as that's the most justifiable time to make large environment change,
> and it shouldn't be terribly hard to do).
>
> http://www242.pair.com/nilsp/nils/panel/menus.html

OK, a bit of status on the menus.  The vfolder-desktop-method is in gnome-vfs
head now and this is what does the menu structure.  Currently the vfolder
file for programs: will make folders that are similar to current structure,
mostly because I was too lazy to do anything else.  It should be fairly easy
to make it work in the new structure, however it may require actually adding
keywords to existing .desktops to make it work nice (as a query on keywords
rather then just hardcoding the filenames, which can however always be done).

Of course it's sort of work in progress, so it works fairly decently for
reading, but it kind of sucks if you try writing (it will allow full user
customizability by just dragging around files in nautilus, which means we can
pretty much dump gmenu)

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   A conference is a gathering of important people who singly can do