Re: Panel 2 rules!

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 08:22:09PM -0400, Alex Larsson wrote:
> http://people.redhat.com/alexl/panel2-2.jpg
>
> Warning. It takes several minutes to load, because the iconv
> conversion to UTF8 of the desktop files for the launchers is *extremely*
> slow. On second runs it will be fast though, because it is already
> converted to UTF8.
>
> It will also hose your current panel config.

Coolio!

BTW.  We need to all figure out a plan of action of what to hack on the
panel.  Mainly, I think it's who hacks what.  For a moment a dirty thought
entered my mind about needing policy for panel hacking.  Then I remembered
that I really hate policy, so of course there still is none.

Anyway, I feel like hacking on the menus at some point in the future.  Unless
someone else makes it all work first.

There has been talk of a new widget structure which I think is a good idea,
there was talk of bonobization and other random buzzword additions.

What's the point of this email?  Not sure, I think I wanted to start
discussion about what gets done to the panel and who does it.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Man will occasionally stumble over the truth,