Re: Is libgtop abandoned?

On Mon, 2001-10-15 at 19:30, John Kodis wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 05:04:36PM +0100, Bastien Spam Nocera wrote:
>
> > If John Kodis feels really strongly about and can tell that he will fix
> > stripchart UI-wise, we can still revive it. Otherwise it will have to
> > move to its own spam module.
>
> I feel strongly about it.  I'll fix anything that's wrong with it, but
> since there were, when I last checked, no bugzilla reports that I
> hadn't closed already, I wasn't aware of any problems.
>
> Please restore this to CVS, file bug reports for any problems you can
> find, and I'll get them fixed.  (BTW, gstripchart should stay dead --
> as the HACKING file says, that had been superceeded by stripchart a
> few months ago.)

Stripchart will be revived as soon as I get around doing it (ie.
tomorrow when my blood has absorbed all the beer I need to forget about
my job ;).

As for bugs, you can add:
- The first time start in "normal" mode should have a menu, and some
proper indications about what the heck is happening (a status bar as
well?)

...The whole rest of the interface would get you shot by any
self-respected UI designer (or any user). I'm really sorry if I sound
harsh, but this is my real true feeling. The code behind the program
might be very good (I've still haven't looked at it), but the UI is just
plain awful. If anybody guys from the #interface channel has the time ?

Cheers