Mascot/icon for Gnome2

Reading the Gnome2 list I saw someone suggest a mascot/icon for Gnome2.  The Gnome board could ask people to submit graphics for a Gnome2 mascot/icon and then hold a board vote before the release of Gnome2.

Personally, I thought a pyramid would be nice.

1.  Built to last.

2.  Solid foundation.

3.  Stability.

4.  Takes time and care to construct properly.

Maybe a crystal pyramid (semi transparent) would be modern looking.  Maybe a rising sun as a backdrop.  Doesn't have to be an Egyptian pyramid.

I thought a turtle would be nice for some of the same reasons.

Alternatively, the Gnome board could chose specific mascot/icon for Gnome2 and then ask for graphics submissions.

http://www.shopping.altavista.com