Re: Is libgtop abandoned?

On Mon, 2001-10-15 at 16:44, John Fleck wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 03:42:12PM +0100, Bastien R. Nocera wrote:

> > > Well, there is - we need to get it adopted by someone, ideally someone
> > > who is using it in their apps... volunteers? ;-)
> >
> > I just removed gdiskfree, and gstripchart from the gnome-utils, so no
> > apps from gnome-utils use libgtop.
> >

> I wanna make sure the distinctions are clear. You removed
> *gstripchart*, which was no longer being included in the package
> anyway. But did you also remove *stripchart*, which was its more
> recent 1.4.x replacement? John Kodis had been pretty actively
> maintaining that one.

I was pretty sure I did say I would remove it, but reading my previous
mails, it seems not. No offense Kodis, but it seems that from what I've
gathered on IRC and my own experience 1) nobody uses stripchart 2) the
UI is not as per the Gnome guidelines (no menus, nothing).

It's the only app that was left in the gnome-utils that used libgtop
(gdiskfree is not portable to gnome2 because of the missing GtkDial, and
procman includes these features), and the applet library (gcolorsel's
applet code was removed a while ago, and gcolorsel is to be punted,
maybe, see other mail).

If John Kodis feels really strongly about and can tell that he will fix
stripchart UI-wise, we can still revive it. Otherwise it will have to
move to its own module.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera