Re: gnome-utils porting report

Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Here comes the report:
>
> * cromagnon, notepad: need gnome-guile

These have been unmaintained forever.  I'd punt notepad in favor of
gedit (when it gets ported) and ditch cromagnon, which hasn't really
worked in a long long time.

> * gdialog: ported, how do i init everything needed for libgnomeui
> without using gnome_program_init or gnome_init ? This program is doing
> its own argument parsing.

Erk.  How hard is it to port this to popt?

> * gdiskfree: I managed to make libgtop compile again, but it needs some
> love to make it installable in parallel. GtkDial disappeared.

Not a pretty app, and made redundant by procman anyway.  Ditch it.

> * gfloppy: TODO (uses Glade)

Have you tried the new libglade + conversion script?

> * gtt: TODO (uses Glade and GtkXmHtml). Is GtkXmHtml ported to Gnome2 ?

This seems to have been adopted by Linas Vepstas <linas linas org>.
We should really start trying to use gtkhtml2 to test it.

> * logview: TODO (needs some "I poke with style->font by hand" crack
> removal, and probably a UI cleanup, maybe use GtkTreeView). This could
> be a great program equivalent to the Event Viewer of Windows NT.
>
> * meat-grinder: ported, icon list is broken.
>
> * splash: should be easy to port, needs to use GdkPixbuf instead of
> whatever it's using now which I don't remember.
>
> * gcolorsel: TODO. I stopped on a problem with the Druid. How do I find
> the nth GnomeDruidPage of a GnomeDruid ? (jrb ?)

Well, that's not really the right way to use a druid and there is no way
to do it in GNOME 2.  If people were using this before, we can add a
gnome_druid_get_pages function.  Still, can we rework this a bit?  While
we're at it, can we decrackify this app a bit?

Thanks,
-Jonathan