gnome-utils porting report

Hi,

Here comes the report:

* cromagnon, notepad: need gnome-guile

* exe-handler: ported

* gcalc: ported

* gcharmap: needs the font-picker in libgnomeui (ported that), needs
much more work (font-picker is buggy), pango doesn't like the non-utf8
hacks in there.

* gdialog: ported, how do i init everything needed for libgnomeui
without using gnome_program_init or gnome_init ? This program is doing
its own argument parsing.

* gdict: TODO (uses GtkText, needs porting to GtkTextView)

* gdiskfree: I managed to make libgtop compile again, but it needs some
love to make it installable in parallel. GtkDial disappeared.

* gfloppy: TODO (uses Glade)

* gsearchtool: ported

* gstripchart: needs applet library to work

* gtt: TODO (uses Glade and GtkXmHtml). Is GtkXmHtml ported to Gnome2 ?

* logview: TODO (needs some "I poke with style->font by hand" crack
removal, and probably a UI cleanup, maybe use GtkTreeView). This could
be a great program equivalent to the Event Viewer of Windows NT.

* meat-grinder: ported, icon list is broken.

* splash: should be easy to port, needs to use GdkPixbuf instead of
whatever it's using now which I don't remember.

* stripchart: it's the same as gstripchart... Need to find somebody to
blame ;)

* gcolorsel: TODO. I stopped on a problem with the Druid. How do I find
the nth GnomeDruidPage of a GnomeDruid ? (jrb ?)

* gfontsel: ported. I haven't found any examples for the new help system
APIs. How are we supposed to use it ?

* gless, guname, gw, gshutdown, idetool: to be removed. At least some of
the features of guname should get into the new control center.

* gnome-run, grun: "Popup a command dialog. Original version by Elliot
Lee, bloatware edition by Havoc Pennington. Both versions written in 10
minutes or less. :-)". TODO, one of them... we'll see which one is the
less hackish ;)

* gpenguin: kick it out, linux-only :P

Bugs:
* gnome_app_create_menus_with_data doesn't display the icons in the
menus even for stock menu items that have an icon declared in
gnome-app-helper.h

* the icon list is broken beyond recognition (sic George)

* the about box has some display problems (Andersca says he'll be fixing
it)

I hope somebody can fix the bugs in the platform. I'll try to make the
font picker something decent soon. (Thanks Seth for fixing my CVS
mistake)

Cheers