Re: GnomePropertyBox

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 09:35:18AM -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> But right now I don't think we have good tools to build instant-apply
> preference/settings dialogs, which means everyone must write their
> own. I think we should provide a good way of doing the nicer
> instant-apply style of preference dialog, and perhaps leave in some
> deprecated code for doing the old style.

/me whacks maciej with PonG

This is EXACTLY what PonG is designed to do.  Also thanks to the power of
GConf it does revert for you completely transparently.  You don't need to
care one bit.  Right now PonG does one style of dialogs, but conceivably, any
set of the proposed buttons can be used in PonG without a single change to
any application, so maybe in the future it can follow some sort of a global
setting.

GConf changesets make all this very simple.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.