Re: GnomePropertyBox

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 11:41:21AM -0400, Iain wrote:
> > I think a nice way to do things is to apply changes instantly as you
> > manipulate the controls, and provide a way to undo changes (either
> > undo one at a time, or revert them all). So the two buttons I'd
> > suggets are "Revert" or "Undo" and "OK" or "Close".
> >
> > Changes that apply instantly are definitely the best for tweaking
> > things and trying out different preferences.
>
> I like this way as well, but it's a lot harder to program, and so many
> people will end up doing their own property dialogs just so they can
> avoid having to do the instant changes, and that sucks more.

With gconf (and I suppose bonobo-config), instant apply is trivial, in fact
it's the same as non-instant apply since you follow a MVC model.  You don't
know if a setting changed when the user pressed OK or if it changed when the
user toggled the setting.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.